Sorta OT - way to make Thunderbird set *all* folders to threaded view?

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Fri Nov 7 03:18:03 UTC 2008

Howdy -

I have messed around with all the settings I can find to no avail.  I
use IMAP so all my messages are on the server in a metric buttload of
folders (well over 100).  I check mail from numerous systems, many of
which get rebuilt regularly.  It is a royal PITA to have to go through
every time I run Thunderbird the first time on a new system to have to
tell it to view by threads.  For.  Every.  Single.  Folder.

Is there a way to make Thunderbird view all folders threaded by default?
  Anything, an advanced setting or a plugin, would be great.

The Google gods are not forthcoming.  :-(  And no, I am not looking for
the numerous articles on keeping in threaded view when you re-sort.  I
want everything in threaded view by default for all folders.

--
Thanks!
TC