Sorta OT - way to make Thunderbird set *all* folders to threaded view?

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Fri Nov 7 08:04:47 UTC 2008

On 2008-11-07 04:18, Thomas Cameron wrote:
> Is there a way to make Thunderbird view all folders threaded by default?
>  Anything, an advanced setting or a plugin, would be great.
>
> The Google gods are not forthcoming.  :-(  And no, I am not looking for
> the numerous articles on keeping in threaded view when you re-sort.  I
> want everything in threaded view by default for all folders.

The Google gods are very forthcoming if you know what to look for.  ;-)
The preference mailnews.default_sort_type governs the default sort type
for thunderbird.  You probably want to set the value to 22.  See e.g.
http://xulplanet.com/references/xpcomref/ifaces/nsMsgViewSortType.html.

--
Sjoerd Mullender