A New fedora user question

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Nov 7 17:59:30 UTC 2008

Jeff Maxwell wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 19:05 -0800, Richard England wrote:
>> Tim wrote:
>>> Tim:

>>> Richard England:

>>> Was your system a fresh install, or did you update one version of Fedora
>>> to the next over the top?  Mine was a fresh install.  Over-the-top
>>> installs sometimes make a mess of things.
>>>
> Well, I have a fresh install of Fedora 9 and when I've accessed a WEB
> page requesting Adobe Flash, I followed the instructions to install it.
> After installation, Fire Fox plug-ins still do not register that Adobe
> Flash is installed.  If I attempt to install it a second time, I have
> the message saying it is installed.  I may be naive, but it seems to me
> that during the install (either rpm or yum) that some element did not
> get moved into the Fire Fox plug-in directory.  Therefore, Fire Fox does
> not know that it exists on the system.  Any help to address this would
> be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jeff Maxwell

I don't know if this will fix your problem but have you run this script?
   mozilla-plugin-config -i -g -v

It registers the plugins from what I have found out.  I am still trying
to get my flash to play on F8 on a 64 bit system.  The plugin is
recognized and in the about:plugins but just doesn't work.  I just need
time.

--
Robin Laing
Instrumentation Technologist   Voice: 1.403.544.4762