fedora 9 toshiba satellite A300 display brightness and screensaver

Govind Chandra govind.chandra at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 22:00:13 UTC 2008

Hi,

Just installed fedora 9 on a Toshiba Satellite Pro A300 1G0.
Everything is fine except that if the screen saver kicks in and then I
reactivate the display by either by the keyboard or by moving the
mouse, the brightness is back to 100 percent and I have to reduce it
again using the Fn F6 key combination. I have set the brightness to be
around 15% via the System -> Preferences -> System -> Power
Management. When the laptop first boots up it has the right
brightness. Only when it wakes up after the screen saver has kicked in
that the brightness is back to 100%. The screen saver is set to Blank
Screen.

Grateful for any suggestions.

Govind