RPM Fusion repo?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Nov 8 08:26:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 10:09 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Do not be mistaken. WMA is patented, proprietary, and closed-source.
> FFMPEG is not legal in the USA.

That's what I thought, and was surprised to find a supposedly "free"
codec for it.

> Ideally you should convert any WMA over to at least MP3 and at best
> OGG Vorbis or FLAC.

Ideally I wouldn't touch WMA with a ten foot bargepole.  But,
occasionally, I want to listen to something off a website.  I do use ogg
vorbis for my own encoding.  And I've never found MP3s to encode well,
on any system, I can always hear nasty sound effects, even at very high
bit rates.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686