chkfontpath ?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 10 07:14:51 UTC 2008

Simon Slater wrote:
\
> Where's the best place to start looking / learning about fonts in
> Fedora?  I need to get more for use in OOo, GIMP, Inkscape and Scribus.

IIRC, all these apps just use fontconfig. So the method is documented in
the release notes. Quoting

---

"Adding new fonts to the fontconfig font subsystem is more
straightforward; the new font file only needs to be copied into the
/usr/share/fonts/ directory (individual users can modify their personal
font configuration by copying the font file into the ~/.fonts/  directory).

After the new font has been copied, use fc-cache to update the font
information cache:

fc-cache <directory>

(Where <directory> would be either the /usr/share/fonts/ or ~/.fonts/
directories.)"

---

Rahul