Create professional looking Invoices with Linux ?

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Wed Nov 12 08:09:59 UTC 2008

Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-11-10 at 20:42 -0800, Richard England wrote:
>
>> Kevin Kempter wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All;
>>>
>>> anyone have suggestions per software or openoffice templates that will help me
>>> create professional looking invoices ?
>>>

>>> Thanks in advance
>>>

>> OpenOffice 2.3 on my F8 system, and OpenOffice 2.4 on my F9 system both
>> an invoice form available.  I don't believe I've added anything of that
>> nature post install.
>>
>> Look in File>New>Templates and Documents  In OO2.3  At that level there
>> are two called Modern Invoice and Elegant Invoice.  In OO2.4 use the
>> same pull down but click on the "Templates" group and there is an
>> Invoice document there.
>>
>> HTH,
>>
>> ~~R
>>

> When I do what you indicate on OO2.4 I see no Invoices in the Templates.
> Why is your version different or have to added a OO help program that I
> don't have?
> Can you explain?

Apparently not.

In OO 2.4 I go to   File>New>Templates and Documents   and a pop-up appears.  The choices there are   New Documents, Templates, My Documents, and Samples.    If I click on Templates I see a  single Invoice selection available.

I also do not see a  File>New>Documents  pull down, as someone else reported.  I see Text Document,  HTML Document, XML Document and Master Document under the New entry.  I also see no references to "Biz Documents"

This is the Fedora version of v2.4, I've not loaded the OO version.  Perhaps there is a difference there.  This is also a former F8 machine that was upgraded using preupgrade.  Maybe there is something from a previous version lingering.

If any one can tell me how to determine if I have any other packages loaded for OO  I'll be glad to investigate but rpm did not show anything and I haven't found a place to identify plugins or add ons in any of the menus selections.

I think this thread is stepping past usefulness, at this point, but we can carry on if anyone _really_ needs to get to the bottom of this.

~~R