How to add packagekit to the Administration menu

Ajit Warrier ajitwarrier at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 13:40:17 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I removed packagekit because it kept popping up errors on my screen (I know, I should have tried to fix that instead!) But anyway, I have now reinstalled it. However, it is not part of the Administration menu any more, nor does it pop up alerts when there are updates available. I have switched back to yum for now, but I am curious as to whether there is a way I can get this to work the way it used to. Please help.

Thank you.

Ajit