Yumex errors after running Fedora updates

Alex Makhlin makhlina at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:34:24 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I just installed the latest fedora updates and now Yumex no longer
works. I am getting the following errors when trying to open Yumex.

Error Type: <class 'yum.update_md.UpdateNoticeException'>
Error Value: No id element found
  File : /usr/share/yumex/yumex.py , line 737, in <module>
    mainApp = YumexApplication()
  File : /usr/share/yumex/yumex.py , line 446, in __init__
    self.setupYum()
  File : /usr/share/yumex/yumex.py , line 467, in setupYum
    self.yumbase._setupBase()
  File : /usr/share/yumex/yumapi.py , line 80, in _setupBase
    self._setupUpdateMetadata()
  File : /usr/share/yumex/yumapi.py , line 137, in _setupUpdateMetadata
    self.updateMetadata.add(repo)
  File : /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/update_md.py , line 319,
in add
    un = UpdateNotice(elem)
  File : /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/update_md.py , line 69, in
__init__
    self._parse(elem)
  File : /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/yum/update_md.py , line 146,
in _parse
    raise UpdateNoticeException("No id element found")

I am using Python 2.6 and have tried to update Yumex but I get prompted
that I need Pyhthon abi 2.4 or greater to install. I am running Python
abi 2.6 so that should not be the problem (unless Yumex is not
compatible with Python 2.6). Anyone know an answer to this problem?

Thanks,
Alex