VMware Server fails to compile with the new kernel

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 23:49:47 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:29 PM, Christopher A. Williams
<chriswfedora at cawllc.com> wrote:

>> > Thanks, Kevin. I do not know whether I have the latest
>> > vmware-any-any-update. Where from can I get it?
>>
>> I always google for it.
>>
>> The last one I downloaded was:
>>
>>       vmware-any-any-update117d.tar.gz
>>
>> I'm no longer sure where I downloaded it from.
>>
>> OTOH, I also recently upgraded from VMware-server-1.0 to
>> VMware-server-2.0.0-110949.x86_64 and ISTR didn't need
>> vmware-any-any-update with the new 2.0 server RPM....
>
> That's exactly what I was just about to ask. Was this error on VMware
> Server 1.X or 2.X? That will make a _huge_ difference in how we need to
> solve this problem...

Thanks! After having updated VMware Server to version 2, no error was
returned. However, the problem now is that I do not know how to
operate this new VMware Server; it asks me for a password and for an
username; what username/password is that?

Paul