kernel 2.6.27 problems booting

Martín Marqués martin.marques at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 18:54:32 UTC 2008

I just updated my F9 in my laptop (Compaq Presario F756la) and I
noticed problems booting the kernel.

At first I just thought it hanged at boot time (it freezed during the
boot sequence). Then I took of the quite option from grub and saw that
it stated booting but at a moment it started to hang (when loading the
synaptics driver). But the strangest part is that touching some of the
keys of the keyboard (caps lock for example) made the kernel keep
booting again, and a few seconds later again a freeze, and so on until
it starts the services. At that moment it isn't necesary to keep
touching keys.

Any thought about what's gooing on the kernel 2.6.27.5-37.fc9.x86_64?

--
Martín Marqués
DBA, Programador, Administrador