install Fedora 9 on Toshiba Satellite A305-S6825

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Sun Nov 16 00:20:42 UTC 2008

That is the same error message that I was getting when I first installed
Fedora 9 on my Toshiba Satellite A305-S6825.  The solution that worked was
to upgrade to a newer kernel.

The problem was that the kernel that was part of the original Fedora 9
installation did not have the modules that supported the NIC chips used in
the Toshiba.

Steven F. LeBrun

Quote of the Week:  "Zoology, eh? That's a big word, isn't it"
"No, actually it isn't", said Tiffany.  "Patronizing is a big word.  Zoology
is really quite short."
  -- Terry Pratchett from "The Wee Free Men"