install Fedora 9 on Toshiba Satellite A305-S6825

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Mon Nov 17 02:41:39 UTC 2008

I have used several kernels where all but the first one have been the
results of yumex updates.  The first one that I downloaded and manually
installed was the latest kernel at the time.

The kernels that I know work are the following:

	2.6.26.5-45.fc9.i686
      2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686
	2.6.27.5-37.fc9.i686

I have been running the last kernel listed on a couple of days and ran into
a problem with yumex failing forcing me to update the yumex release being
used manually using instructions from

Unfortunately, I do not remember what repo I accessed when downloading the
original kernel.  The ones that I normally use via yum and yumex are the
Fedora 9, Fedora 9 update, Livna for Fedora 9 and the two sets of rpmfusion
(free and nonfree) repos for new and updates.  Note that the software stored
on the Livna repos are moving to the rpmfusion repos.

For the kernels, I would recommend the Fedora 9 or Fedora 9 update repos.
The URL to these repos should be buried somewhere in your YUM configuration
files.

Good luck and let me know how it turns out.

Steven F. LeBrun                     (home) 978-692-1309
68R Stony Brook                      steven at lebruns.com
Westford, MA 01886-1907         http://www.lebruns.com

Quote of the Week:  "Zoology, eh? That's a big word, isn't it"
"No, actually it isn't", said Tiffany.  "Patronizing is a big word.  Zoology
is really quite short."
  -- Terry Pratchett from "The Wee Free Men"