Document Scanners that work with F9

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Mon Nov 17 18:15:23 UTC 2008

Bill Davidsen wrote, On 11/15/2008 09:35 PM:
> Dave Feustel wrote:
>> I'm looking for a document scanner that works well with F9.
>> Any suggestion?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
> Epson CX7400 printer and scanner work with FC6, using the driver from
> the vendor. As of FC8 or early FC9 the driver wasn't updated. Since I
> can keep FC6 running safely behind a firewall, as a device controller, I
> can live with that, although I would like to upgrade o/s at some point.

http://www.openprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=Epson-Stylus_CX7400
http://www.sane-project.org/cgi-bin/driver.pl?manu=epson&model=cx7400&bus=any&v=&p=

looks like you need:
gutenprint 5.something
sane epkowa 2.12.0

not sure which versions are in F10 but it looks like at least the printing
functions may be supported in F9, and I have never investigated how hard it is
to use an updated sane back-end with fedora.

BTW there are nice databases that have been put together for devices that work
with Unix:
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/en/OpenPrinting/Database/DatabaseIntro
http://www.openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi
http://www.sane-project.org/sane-supported-devices.html