Lost audio on headphones (F9)

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 18 21:15:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-11-18 at 15:26 -0200, Andre Costa wrote:
> my desktop computer has one of those front headphones connectors, and
> it always worked (always = since Fedora8), playing the same audio that
> goes to the front speakers. I tried it today and it doesn't work
> anymore,

Open up the volume controls and see if there's a separate volume control
just for the headphones.  You might have to wallow through the
preferences to add more controls.

> my guess is that some of the recent updates might have changed
> something on audio config

You might look through /var/log/yum.log to see what's been recently
updated, and see if they're a likely cause.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.5-37.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.