privoxy logfile on F9 and F10

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Tue Nov 18 21:52:13 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 01:17:54PM -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 07:18:06 -0500
> Dave Feustel <dfeustel at mindspring.com> wrote:
>
> > > So I now have two computers with F9 and one with F10 and none of them have
> > > privoxy doing any logging.  Why?
> >
> > I have the same problem on F9. Selunix policies are preventing privoxy's
> > access to the log file. There are messages about this in my sytem log
> > file.  I don't know enough about Selunix to attempt a solution.
>
> There has to be more to it than that.  I have selinux disabled.

Well, actually, there is. After I first installed privoxy, I got errors
saying privoxy could not access the log file. I checked the file
permissions and found root:root. Since privoxy runs as privoxy, I
changed the ownership of the logfile to privoxy. Then after a very
short interval I started getting a different privoxy error slightly farther
along the boot sequence and investigating, found a new problem with selinux,
at which point I stopped trying to figure out what was wrong.