mplayer streaming on F9 and F10

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 19 03:55:21 UTC 2008

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008 17:11:57 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> > You can always try to play those streams with mplayer outside of FF. I
> > did, and it works that way, but not inside FF (it used to). So it's
> > not likely to be a codec problem, at least in my case.
>
> What commandline did you use?

Well, using the commandline that you sent me:

mplayer http://scfire-ntc-aa02.stream.aol.com:80/stream/1040

I can play the music.  That kind of eliminates codec problems and so on.
(Though I'd still like to know where you found that link on the 977music.com
page -- I just looked and I can't find it at all.)

However, trying to play music from that page has gone from bad to worse.  Now
when I try to click on one of the links from the main page
(http://www.977music.com) all I get see in my Firefox window is a gray screen
that says "stopped" at the bottom.  Clicking to a different Firefox tab and
back to the tab with the 977music on it still shows me the screen on the other
tab.  In other words, it's not writing anything to that screen at all.  It's
not frozen -- I can still click "back" and go back to the main 977music
homepage.