CD boot problem -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Nov 19 20:00:26 UTC 2008

I have a collection of used parts built into what I want to be
an F-9 computer.  I'm trying to boot from the Fedora 9 Live CD
but no matter how I set the bios setup it doesn't boot.  The
CD drive is recognized, the light on the drive blinks while booting
but it keeps telling me to insert a system disk?

I have a 40G hard drive CS connected to primary master and the CD drive
connected to secondary master also set Cable Select with appropriate
cables [I believe].

Does this seem like a proper setup?

The motherboard is ASUS P4B533-E with a P-4 processor.  The  40 gig hard
drive already has F9 on it but it had been set up on a failed motherboard
with an AMD µprocessor on it.  So I am dead in the water until I can read
the CD.

Any help appreciated.

Bob