Mount usb devices

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Nov 20 20:24:25 UTC 2008

Dave Feustel wrote:
> I have found no info on how to mount usb disk drives on Fedora.
>
> How is it done?
>
> Can F9 mount *BSD file systems?
>
> Thanks.

Uh, you should bve able to just plug it in and fedora will automount it
if it recognizes the file system.

Or, you can look at dmesg when you plug the drive in, find the device
assignment and manually mount it.

What filesystem does your BSD system use on that drive?  There are few
filesystems that linux can't mount, although some might require more
setup than others.

In this case, google is your friend, I'm sure you can google mounting
USB drives and Fedora and get a good howto.

quadraturae circuli

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support