FC9 without password for special user ( guest user )

edwardspl at ita.org.mo edwardspl at ita.org.mo
Sat Nov 22 06:33:44 UTC 2008

Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> edwardspl at ita.org.mo wrote:
>

>> Do you means we can't disable the password request for using
>> SSH-telnet ?
>>
> You can, but it requires you to generate an SSH key without a passphrase.
>
> The server's ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file must have the client's key
> you generate inside.
>
> Once you have this setup, and you set your client to use the key you
> generated, you will never see a password.

Dear Michael,

For /etc/ssh/sshd_config ( SSH default config file ) :

# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
PermitEmptyPasswords yes
PasswordAuthentication yes

Then, the test result (without request enter user's password):
login as: bb
Last login: Sat Nov 22 14:22:37 2008 from 192.168.1.88
[bb at edsvr ~]$

Now, it is ok...

Thank for your hints...

Edward.