Portaudio-devel missing definitions in Fedora-9

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Sat Nov 22 15:57:09 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 12:42 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 20 Nov 2008 14:37:00 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
>
> > Portaudio-devel as released in the F9 distro is missing some entries in
> > its header files: in particular the definitions for the declarators (is
> > this the right word) PaTimestamp and PortAudioStream are missing.
> > Possibly a whole header file is missing.  These problems are in the
> > source rpm as well as in the binary.
>
> ... and also in the upstream tarball:
>
> http://www.portaudio.com/archives/pa_stable_v19_20071207.tar.gz
> http://www.portaudio.com/download.html

> You could search/try a little bit and see whether they have been renamed.
> There has been upstream activity like that a few times.
> PortAudioStream -> PaStream, PaTimestamp -> PaTime

Michael Schwendt is correct.

But I'm taking a break from investigating this till I upgrade to F10,
which (as you know) is coming out this Tuesday.  Portaudio version
control appears to be something of a mess -- i.e. the portaudio folks
don't do it, and I will need to bring whatever version of portaudio I
produce in line with the rest of F10.

Thanks - jon