home folder and upgrading

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Nov 24 14:48:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-11-24 at 09:39 +0100, Henning Larsen wrote:

> Will I get my evolution mail and account-settings back?
> My firefox bookmarks?
> tomboy notes?

You can do as you are asking and just not format your /home partition
when doing the install and should be OK.

BUT, at the same time if you want a really fresh install, everything
type fresh to include /home, then evolution and firefox both have backup
plans built in so you can restore them without having to copy/move/paste
folders/files like you used to.  Don't know about tomboy notes though.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org