F-10 installs -

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Mon Nov 24 15:09:36 UTC 2008

In the near future I intend to replace Fedora 9 with 10.  My bandwidth
allotment is limited by the satellite provider I use so I have been
installing the "Live CD" version and adding to that with yum.  I rarely
use the Gnome desktop beyond the initial install, replacing that with
XFCE which works best for me.  However it requires a lot of initial
configuration to create what I want.  That can take a week or more to
get everything "just right."

But then I have a second computer to deal with, similar to this one
which will also need the same configuration.  I can easily transfer
files between them but it's still a lot of work and takes nearly as much
time as the first one.  There's also a third ...

It seems I must be doing something wrong?  Can anyone suggest the
optimum approach?  I ideally I should be able to simply copy directories
between boxes/users it seems.

Thanks.

Bob