Running preupgrade on F9 doesn't see F10 as an option

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Tue Nov 25 18:49:44 UTC 2008

On Tue November 25 2008 1:37:11 pm Fred Silsbee wrote:
> the top man in rawhide once told me that if I used rawhide I'd
> be continually vexed by dependency problems
>
> few mirrors have F10 at this time
>
> fastest one showing 6 hours download time

Perhaps I'm not being clear - I don't want to upgrade to Rawhide.
I want to upgrade to F10 - I don't care about download time. But,
I think all mirrors have F10 at this time, unless things have
changed (been doing this since FC1) - they prepare that switch a
week or so in advance and mirror admins simply make the repo
available on release day with a few simple commands. The files
were already there. A quick sampling of some U.S. mirrors does
find F10 on two out of three checked - the one that didn't have
it only went up to FC6
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA