F9 Preupgrade does not list F10?

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Nov 26 05:14:04 UTC 2008

Brian Millett wrote:
> On Tue, 2008-11-25 at 18:54 -0600, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> I was going to try and use preupgrade after reading about it but after
>> installing the latest version available for F9 it does not list F10!?!
>> I even tried installing the rawhide version and it only lists Rawhide
>> and F10 Beta. Am I missing something or should there be an updated
>> package available for F8 and F9 which includes upgrading to F10?
>
> wget http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=70585
>
> as root:
>
> rpm -Uvh preupgrade-1.0.0-1.fc9.noarch.rpm

Somebody dropped the ball here.  When F10 went live, this version of
preupgrade should have been pushed to updates-newkey for everyone to
use.  F8 & F9, and I would like to get my hands on an F7 version as
well....  There are way too many dependencies to install an F8 or F9
version on F7.  Maybe I'll just use the F10 DVD to upgrade my old F7
system which I just took out of mothballs....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net