F10 pgp keys

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Thu Nov 27 02:59:59 UTC 2008

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> The keys used are listed at https://fedoraproject.org/keys
>
> Perhaps I'm being a bit grumpy, but if someone goes and opens the
> home page, www.fedoraproject.org, and wants to download Fedora, how
> exactly would they be aware that the keys are here?

Currently, I don't think it's at all obvious.  I just happened to know
because I'd seen someone else mention the page and have since
submitted patches to try and improve it.

I thought that you'd follow the "Get Fedora" link on the left, and
that it would have a link to the verify page, which would then link to
the keys page.  But it seems that the get fedora page was streamlined
for the release.  Now you'd have to follow the "Show me all download
options in one page" to get to fedoraproject.org/en/get-fedora-all,
which has the link to the verify page and the fedora.gpg file, but
still lacks the link to the keys page.

Some of these are issues that I fixed by creating a patch and
submitting a ticket to the fedora-web team.  Some of those patches
were not pushed into production yet because of the infrastructure
freeze.  Once the release is a few days old, that freeze should end
and the changes will get pushed.

The fedora websites page on the wiki has details on how to contact
them with suggestions: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Websites.

Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain
consciousness.