has K3B been abandoned?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Nov 27 05:07:21 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 26 November 2008, Anne Wilson wrote:

>> > The no verify ISO write is very very old!
>> > I remember it back when I was reporting to bugzilla!
>>
>> I'm aware of that.  All signs (still) point to a kernel issue, potentially
>> limited to certain brands/models of burners.
>
>That has to be the most likely explanation.  Here k3b verifies on some boxes
>but not on others.

Generally, I gave up on asking k3b to verify anything.  Why?  Because when its
about to do the verify read, it ejects the disk and immediately pulls it back
in.  Then it waits for the disk to be recognized by the drive NOT!  At that
point it will kick out from the error, no disk in drive.  It would be nice if
it would then ask you to put the disk back in the drive and click proceed
when you have pushed the drawer closed again and given the drive time to
recognize the disk as evidenced that the activity led has stopped blinking.

ISTR I even filed a bz on that 2, maybe 3 years ago, so far back up the log I
expect the bz server has been wiped.  I sure don't recall the bz number.  And
it was never acknowledged either.

k3b is a heck of a good proggy, and I fail to see why that hasn't been fixed
years ago.  New eye candy, re-arrange the menu's etc has been done 2 or 3
times now, but a simple lack of a time delay bug is too much trouble to fix I
guess.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)