F10 system-config-services does not respond when enabling or disabling a service

tux tux at pantherfish.com
Thu Nov 27 05:28:48 UTC 2008

when i try to use system-config-services to enable a service it does not
respond.

I am running KDE 4.1.3 on Fedora 10. this worked with no problems on F9.
I was logged on as root.

i ran it from terminal and got the following error message:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/sbin/system-config-services", line 795, in
on_serviceEnable_activate
     service.enable ()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/slip/dbus/polkit.py", line 48,
in enable_proxy_wrapper
     return func (*p, **k)
   File
"/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/scservices/dbus/proxy/services.py",
line 64, in enable
     self.dbus_object.enable (dbus_interface =
"org.fedoraproject.Config.Services.ChkconfigService")
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in
__call__
     **keywords)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 630,
in call_blocking
     message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException:
org.fedoraproject.slip.dbus.service.PolKit.NotAuthorizedException.org.fedoraproject.config.services.manage:

as a workaround I used chkconfig to set things the way i wanted, however
I thought someone might want to look at it. just in case.

Thanks.