F10: No executable 'nspluginwrapper' file

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 10:18:14 UTC 2008

Alexander Volovics wrote:
> Under F10-x86_64 the nspluginwrapper-1.1.2-4 package does
> not allow you to add plugins to firefox using the command
> 'nspluginwrapper -i'.
>
> The file nspluginwrapper does not exist.
>
> PS
>
> Is it necessary to have both nspluginwrapper.x86_64 and
> nspluginwrapper.i386?

Yes - if you wish to be able to run 32-bit plugins in your 64-bit
browser, you'll need both versions. As you noticed, this pulls in an
alarming number of 32-bit dependencies but unfortunately this is
necessary in order to use proprietary plugins that do not make a 64-bit
build available.

It's not an ideal situation for those of us wanting a fully 64-bit
install, but it's a good enough compromise for now - I far prefer this
to having to keep an entire 32-bit browser environment installed.

Hopefully, the plugins that have this problem will eventually either be
released in 64-bit versions, or (even better), be completely replaced
with open alternatives.

Regards,
Bryn.