f10 Xorg problem with texture_from_pixmap on intel?

Bryn M. Reeves bmr at redhat.com
Thu Nov 27 18:26:23 UTC 2008

Bryn M. Reeves wrote:
> But compiz says:
> $ compiz --replace
> compiz (core) - Fatal: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap is missing
> compiz (core) - Error: Failed to manage screen: 0
> compiz (core) - Fatal: No manageable screens found on display :0.0
>
> Am I doing something stupid?

Apparently so. Installing compiz-gnome and clicking the button in the
desktop-effects GUI successfully enables this. Looking at the
environment of the resulting compiz, it's adding some extra goop
(LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT=1 DESKTOP_SESSION=gnome and some other bits).

I still can't figure out the incantation to run it from a terminal but
it works.

Regards,
Bryn.