preupgrade fails

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Thu Nov 27 20:59:48 UTC 2008

Colin Brace wrote:

> stan-40 wrote:
>> If you go look in /var/cache/yum/updates/packages or
>> /var/cache/yum/fedora/packages, are all the downloaded RPMs
>> there?  It might have created its own cache called
>> preupgrade under the yum directory.  If they are, you should
>> be able to continue with the manual.
>>

> Yep, I see more than 1000 F10 packages in: /var/cache/yum/updates/packages
>
> Not sure how to continue with a manual install, as you suggest. Can I imply
> install these RPMs with rpm or yum? And what about the .img file? Do I still
> need that?
>
> I'll submit a bug to bugzilla w.r.t. the timeout.
>
> Thanks.
>
> -----
>   Colin Brace
>   Amsterdam
>   http://lim.nl

I was looking at the anaconda installer command line options
  at this link and noticed a couple of options that might be
of help to you.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Options

They are the repo= and stage2= options.  In particular it
seems that if the stage2= option is provided and left empty
anaconda will look at the repositories in the yum.repos.d
directory to find it.  That seems like it would be a good
thing for you.  Perhaps you could try running preupgrade and
providing that option.  I really am not very familiar with
the working of preupgrade so this is a longshot.

preupgrade stage2=