USB boot on a Toshiba notebook

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 27 23:22:56 UTC 2008

Evening All,

I have a Toshiba Equium A60-692 and would like to try F10 without
destroying Mr Gates's "image" on the HD.  I've run the Live CD - very
impressive - but would like to try say setting up an F10 on an external
USB-HD or a modifiable USB stick.  Sad thing is... Toshiba-san decided
that his bios will only accept HD, CD, or USB-FDD as boot
possibilities.  Does anyone have an idea how I can fiddle the stick or
external HD to make it look like a USB-FDD????

Thanks for any ideas!

Dave