weigh in if you have or have had the iso dvd burn no verify problem

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Nov 28 01:30:28 UTC 2008

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 02:10:06PM -0800, Rick Stevens wrote:
>> Fred Silsbee wrote:
>>> --- On Wed, 11/26/08, Rick Stevens <ricks at nerd.com> wrote:
>>>
>> [snip]

>>> How does one  "disabling the automount"
>> If you're using Gnome, open the "System" menu, then go to
>> "Preferences-->Personal-->File Management" and open the "Media" tab.
>> You can select actions for the various kind of removable media.  Either
>> set each to "Do Nothing" or select the "Never prompt or start programs
>> on media insertion" option near the bottom.
>>
>> In KDE, I don't know, but I'm sure there's something similar.
>
> I just burnt the DVD ISO today (one i386, one x86_64) and my automount
> is on (like the default).  It didn't cause any problem here, so you
> may have a particular hardware issue that might produce a useful bug
> entry.

I think it may be hal at work, I just tried it on a system with no graphical
login, booted and no login at all. Putting a DVD in the drive and closing it
resulted in a boatload of blinking lights, and a text login resulted in seeing
the media mounted.

Bad hal, bad!

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>