does the DVD ISO for F10 ever change?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Fri Nov 28 01:38:41 UTC 2008

Fred Silsbee wrote:
> Let me explain:
>
> I just downloaded F10 dvd iso and burned it onto a DVD -R
>
> It works great and survived a number of tests.
>
> Question: If I repeat the procedure in a few months, will the data change due to updates!
>
> I.e. does the dvd iso image keep up with updates?
>
> If not, I'd expect that the backlog of yum updates would be staggering in a few months.

Set your yum.conf to keep the RPMs, put them on a DVD, and after the install
upgrade from that. Then do the "yum upgrade" to catch anything more recent. I
have a slightly more complex method, but what I just said will keep the effort
controlled.

fedoraunity for respins, but just being able to upgrade without going via
network is helpful.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>