rpm hooks? (disabling autocomplete=off)

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Nov 28 02:16:44 UTC 2008

After poking around on the mozilla forums, I found a
solution to my autocomplete=off problem. It involves
modifying the source to firefox itself by editing the
_isAutocompleteDisabled function in:

/usr/lib64/xulrunner-1.9/components/nsLoginManager.js

to always return false.

So my question now is: Can I setup some automated scheme
to run after any xulrunner updates to re-edit any new
copy of the file to squash autocomplete=off once again?

(The modification works great, by the way. It now thwarts
all the obnoxious web admins who think they know better
than me, the user, which fields should be remembered (I blame
Sarbanes-Oxley for the proliferation of autocomplete
disabling on web pages :-).