Is there a way to put an application icon in the "tray" ?

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Fri Nov 28 08:10:33 UTC 2008

On Thursday 27 November 2008 19:25:56 Linuxguy123 wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 20:42 +0000, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > > KDE4.1 rocks, except for a few things.
> > >
> > :-)  Glad you found what works for you.  It's that configurability that
> > : keeps
> >
> > us all with KDE.
> >
> > Those 'few things' - care to tackle them one at a time?  Let's see if we
> > can help you resolve them.
>
> You are a brave woman...  umm... why don't we leave this for now and
> come back to it when Folder View works and possibly when KDE 4.2 ships ?

?? Folderview has been working for ages.  What's the problem?

> There is one thing... The F10 KDE Live CD has a wireless network manager
> widget in the panel.  Where do I find that for my F10 install ?  If you
> don't know offhand, I'll reboot the F10 KDE Live CD and find out for all
> of us.

If you are using NetworkManager you should have that applet.  However, it is
problematic for wireless on my netbook - that is to say wireless doesn't work
:-(

You have to turn the network service off and networkmanager service on to get
the applet.

Anne