Proxies with Linux?

Rodolfo Alcazar Portillo rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
Fri Nov 28 17:32:11 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, den 28.11.2008, 17:46 +0100 schrieb Carlos Carrero
Gutierrez:
> Hi, i would like to use proxies with my browser but Iceweasel and
> Ephifany don't have the configuration for this.
> How can i use proxies in Linux? What browser could i use?

Well, I don't use epiphany or iceweasel, but firefox and konqueror, they
handle proxies. You have options.

- Set System/Configuration/Internet&Network/Network Proxy (on the fedora
gnome main menu button)

- $ http_proxy=http://192.168.1.1:3128 epiphany

- $ http_proxy=http://192.168.1.1:3128 iceweasel
(on this last two you must replace your IP/Port right values)

- Ask for a transparent proxy to your administrator

- google for epiphany/iceweasel under a proxy...

Cheers.
Rodolfo Alcazar - rodolfo.alcazar at padep.org.bo
otbits.blogspot.com / counter.li.org: #367962
"Die Arznei macht kranke, die Mathematik traurige und die Theologie
sündhafte Leute."
- Martin Luther