What is the name of the wireless management widget in F10 KDE Live ?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Nov 28 21:27:22 UTC 2008

Linuxguy123 wrote:

> # nm-applet
> libnotify-Message: Unable to get session bus: Did not receive a reply.
> Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
> the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
> expired, or the network connection was broken.
> GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible
> causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you
> have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
> http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1:
> Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible
> causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
> bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, orthe
> network connection was broken.)
>
> So where is it hiding and how do I invoke it ?

It gets envoked automatically on login via
/etc/xdg/autostart/nm-applet.desktop

But, I'm guess it's failing to launch for the same reason manually running it fails.   But that's a mystery to me based on what I see here (it's always "just worked").  I'd suggest filing a bug against NetworkManager.

-- Rex