open nautilus in text mode?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sat Nov 29 00:06:24 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've got a folder with 300K recovered jpegs that vary from teeny to several
megs. I tried to open the folder with Nautilus and got a 10 hour delay and
the whole display is so clumsy (slow) as to be useless.

I'd like to take about 1K of the biggest files and move them to some other
folder but don't see how to do this with the icon view turned on. So.....

Does anyone know how to invoke nautilus with a details view rather than icon
view?

Or, does anyone care to suggest some bash command that would move the largest
1K files to a new (specified) folder. Then I'd hope to be able to use this
command repeatedly to get the files down to a manageable number.

Using F7.

TIA

Dave

--
Canada must refuse to be entangled in any more wars fought to make the world
safe for capitalism.

-- The Regina Manifesto, 1933