SOLVED: My nvidia driver for 2.6.27.5-117 has a problem...

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 14:11:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 22:01 -0600, Richard Shaw wrote:
>> Of course I can't speak to your own experiance, but I upgraded my
>> laptop which has a Quadro 570 in it and I did not have to mess with
>> the xorg.conf file at all. I'm using the akmod package from rpmfusion.
>> I"m also not suggesting that it's not an issue, just that it's not
>> universal.
>>
>> Richard
>
> I dare you to run glxinfo and report the first ~20 lines.
>
> Most people aren't going to know they have a problem until they run an
> application that directly uses gl.

As requested:

name of display: :0.0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_NV_float_buffer,
    GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
    GLX_NV_multisample_coverage
client glx vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
client glx version string: 1.4
client glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_EXT_visual_info,
    GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_SGI_video_sync,
    GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_NV_video_out, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
    GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_NV_float_buffer, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float,
    GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap,
    GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GLX_NV_present_video,
    GLX_NV_multisample_coverage
GLX version: 1.3
GLX extensions:
    GLX_EXT_visual_info, GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGI_video_sync, GLX_SGI_swap_control,
    GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_ARB_multisample, GLX_NV_float_buffer,
    GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_NV_swap_group, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
    GLX_NV_multisample_coverage, GLX_ARB_get_proc_address
OpenGL vendor string: NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL renderer string: Quadro FX 570M/PCI/SSE2
OpenGL version string: 2.1.2 NVIDIA 177.82
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20 NVIDIA via Cg compiler
OpenGL extensions:
---

Everything looked fine on this end.

Richard