OfficeJet 6200 Series Scanning and Faxing on F10

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Sat Nov 29 15:31:27 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 08:05 -0700, stan wrote:
> Christopher A. Williams wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 10:51 -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> >> I have F10 running and reasonably well tuned now.
> >
> >> Next, I'd like to be able to use the fax features. I never tried this in
> >> F9 - I just assumed it would work since it found the fax features via
> >> the printer setup automatically. But in F10 this also seems to be
> >> non-existent.
> >>
> >> Can someone point me to the relevant packages or magic incantation to
> >> make this stuff work?
> >
> > Still looking for how to set up fax support. Ideas welcome here.
>
> This is naive, but have you put a phone line on the device.
>     As far as I know, it won't work through the computer.  I
> have an older hp all-in-one laserjet and as soon as I put a
> phone line on it, it just worked.

...ummm. Yup! I did get that far. I also plugged the power cord into the
wall as recent experience has shown me that all of this computer stuff
does indeed work better with electricity. <grin>

I think this is just a matter of figuring out where the drivers went to
talk to the thing. It has to be around somewhere - it's just not in the
same place I'm used to looking for it.

Cheers,

Chris

--