Squid stops firefox after upgrade to F10 from F9

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 16:00:10 UTC 2008

I've had to turn of the proxy on Firefox so as to access the internet.

Hopefully Franck Cox can tell me what I need to do (as it is his setup
for the ultimate web browsing machine that I use).

In /etc/squid I see three files (amongst others):

squid.conf - squid.conf.default and squid.conf.rpmnew .

The first one is dated in May, and presumably is the one that contains
the modifications that I made to use Franck's setup. But why isn't it
using it now? And why is there a .default file?
--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire