Mirroring Fedora

Thomas Cameron thomas.cameron at camerontech.com
Sat Nov 29 19:38:15 UTC 2008

Todd Zullinger wrote:
> Thomas Cameron wrote:
>> I know that there are a ton of duplicate files between the i386 and
>> the  x86_64 directories.  Is there an easy way to do something like
>> hard link  duplicate files or maybe a better way to rsync so that
>> duplicate files  are considered?
>
> There is a -H option for rsync, to make it preserve hardlinks.  This
> and other useful tips for mirroring are at:
>
>     http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Mirroring
>
> Running hardlink on your mirror can also help (and is also mentioned
> at the URL above).

Hrm - I added that and reran the sync but since each rsync job is
separate, it isn't hardlinking between the directories.  I think I need
to mess around with the rsycn command so that it encompasses both the
i386 and the x86_64 directories in on sync.  Off to play with the
syntax, I guess.

--
Thomas