can't start vmware server 2 on Fedora 9(X86_64)

L yuanlux at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 11:40:56 UTC 2008

Hi,
I installed vmware server 2 using its X86_64 rpm  on fedora 9 (X86-64). when
start vmware, it pop up a we browser (firefox), but failed to open its
interface, here is the error. What wrong and how to fix?

thanks
Failed to Connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at 127.0.0.1:8333.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a
connection.

    * Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
    * Are you unable to browse other sites?  Check the computer's network
connection.
    * Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy?
Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

Best