decrypting iptables?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Nov 30 16:49:40 UTC 2008

Being bored at the end of the holidays I am foolishly
attempting to understand how to setup iptables. I
did a "yum install firestarter" and tried it. The GUI
it has may be slightly less cryptic that the low
level iptables config files, but not much, and just
about the time I'm able to think I may have it
figured out, it aborts on me :-). Any other less
cryptic GUI options (I know about system-config-firewall,
but it is way too simplistic to let me setup the rules
I want).