mono great news .... don't read if you hate .NET

Fred Silsbee fredsilsbee at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 30 16:57:20 UTC 2008

right after F9 installed from scratch and before I could alter anything,

I tried to use mono to open a C#.NET project and got a sea of errors/warnings.

Well in spite of the fact that I watch yum updates like a hawk, fixes crept in and now there are no errors/warnings. WOW!

SOMETHING recently altered my software update config and for a few days yum has been run surreptitiously.

Without my help, packagekit was installed months ago and does something useful. It tells me when to run yum update by posting a little "asterisk" or "sun" image in the system tray!