Trying to Rescue My Thinkpad T60

Boricua no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Sun Nov 2 17:22:53 UTC 2008

Hi all. Of my three machines running F 10 beta, my T60 was the best behaving so far, until last week's updates. Now, the latest kernel does not boot, but I can manage by simply using the previous one. My main concern is with X, which stopped working at the same time.
As you may know, this T60 has an ati-radeon card, with which I was able to use Compiz since my first try of F10 beta. I just found out that rawhide reported today a new kernel that apparently addressed some ati problems, as well as a new ati xorg driver.
I would like to know if any body else has seen this problems and if the incoming updates might address them. Otherwise the T60 is perfectly functional so I would gladly wait for an update instead of a full installation. Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=300837&topic_id=63368&forum=10#forumpost300837
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame ortizsantini at gmail.com.