CUPS, Alpine, and printserving : telnet weirdness

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Sun Nov 2 21:07:58 UTC 2008

On Sun, 02 Nov 2008 13:56:07 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
	[...]
> I should have asked sooner. Why can't ssh get you to a machine without
> an X-server?

	It can, of course, and has several times. That's how I know that
such things can save me. What I was trying to say was that it couldn't
hurt to have another way also available.

	Of course, it can save me only to the extent I can manage, or
find out how to manage, with CLI only.

	What I really need, when such things happen, is probably a
mythical beast -- something that would let me use the GUI interface on an
intact machine to find my way around one that runs but can't launch its
own GUI .... <sigh>