fedora 9/10 Guest account?

Matt Nicholson sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com
Mon Nov 3 20:21:38 UTC 2008

I'm looking to get a guest account setup, possibly on a whole host of
workstations I run running F9.
These workstations auth against and ldap/kerberos setup we have, fyi.

so far, my idea is to create a local "guest" user, and user pam_mount to
create a tmpfs home directory for the guest user on login, so that it will
be removed on logout. I want this user to only be able to login though GDM.

Does any one have any experiance doing something like this? is there any
though of taking the Guest user system Ubutu recently implemented on?

Any help/ideas would be great.

Matt