Fedora 9 64 issues or bugs?

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Mon Nov 3 22:11:12 UTC 2008

hce wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Fedora 9 64 and I have following two issues I am
> not sure whether they are bugs or I did wrong:
>
> 1. I want to change /proc/bus/usb to user level access permission. I
> put following statement in fstab, but does not change the uid
> and gid, it is still with root:root access permission.
>
> none /proc/bus/usb usbdevfs rw,devmode=0664,devgid=43 0 0
>
> Please advice what I could be missing? What is a correct way to change
> USB port uid and gid in Fedora 9?
>
> 2. I am running GROME on Fedora 9. I opend 6 terminals in each
> WorkSpace of four WordSpace. I saved it in current session, I also
> ticked "save session applications when logout". But, everytime when I
> start the x window and the session, every WorkSpace missed 2
> terminals, and the session could not place the terminals in right
> positions. Is it bug or what I can fix it?

I hit a similar gotcha and filed bug 466981.  They've not done anything
to that bug yet (still marked as "NEW").  You can see others have
reported similar things:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=gnome-session&product=Fedora
-              Never eat anything larger than your head              -